Table of Contents
Welcome to SDF User Contributed Tutorials
This is a shared, member contributed, set of tutorials for existing and potential SDF users who are interested in the INTERNET, the UNIX operating system, and programming languages. The purpose of this wiki is to help new users learn about the SDF Public Access UNIX System and UNIX through practical and useful examples.
It's expected that the SDF.org wiki content will grow and change. If you have SDF wiki access, please write additional tutorials, migrate traditional tutorial content updates/changes, or port new upcoming traditional tutorial content. If you aren't familiar with wikis, here are some instructions to help get you started. Copies of the SDF traditional tutorial import data 2) was kindly provided by contributing members of SDF.
If you would like to be able to edit this tutorial wiki, email email@example.com (mailto link).
Tutorials and Links To Tutorials
- Email - description of Email at SDF and tutorials
- Accessing Web Spaces - browsers for surfing the different webs from SDF shell–WWW, gopher, gemini
- Creating your own Internet Web sites on SDF:
- SDF Virtual Private Server (VPS) Service (MetaARPA)
- Matrix Getting with Matrix at SDF
- Mastodon and the Fediverse An introduction to Mastodon and the Fediverse
- Software Development Resources – including Source Control
- SDF's META ARRAY - a group of multicore, multiraid, high performance nodes
- Port Allocation for meta users
- ed Cheat Sheet – ed is the Tom Bombadil of editors (“Eldest” and confusing)
SDF Access Topics
misc: A wiki namespace for other things –have some non-tutorial, not-about SDF things to wikify? Here's a place for it.
Some other things:
- Noise, Electronics and Code A tutorial to get you started creating electronic and experimental music on your computer.
Tutorial Wiki Playground
You can mess around on the wiki in the playground namespace, which is separate from and won't affect the main wiki. So if you want to practice before making changes to the wiki, go there and mess with it however you want (remember the wiki has version tracking, so even egregious changes can be undone rather quickly!)
One thing in the playground is an idea for a different front page: Playground Proposed Front Page: Welcome to SDF User Contributed Tutorials, check it out and let folks know if you like it on the TUTORIALS board in bboard