Using CenterICQ on SDF
CenterICQ is not actively maintained anymore, CenterIM is a fork and is actively maintained. However CenterICQ is still functional.
CenterICQ & CenterIM
These same steps aply to connect to ICQ using CenterIM.
- Run centericq (or centerim) from the shell.
- The first time you will be greted with the configuration screen you can use your left arrow to select Done and press Enter
- With down arrow key move under icq protocol, select UIN and press Enter to provide your ICQ number.
- Fill in your password in the same way as the UIN.
- With left arrow key select Done and press Enter.
I tried to register a new ICQ account with CenterICQ without luck.
- Press ALT + a and select Accounts.
- Select Add to open the New Account dialog box.
- Choose ICQ from the Protocol select box.
- Fill the Username field with your ICQ number, and Password fields.
- Using the TAB move to Accept and press Enter key.
After this, Finch will try to connect to ICQ network.