Mail.App under Macos X
- Open Mail.app
- Mail > Add account
- Select “Other Mail Account…” and click “Continue”
- Enter your Email Address and SDF password.
- Next menu displays “Unable to verify account name of password.” Fear not! Enter Username: <your SDF username> Password: <your SDF password>, Account Type: IMAP, Incoming Mail Server: <mx.sdf.org>, Outgoing Mail Server: <mx.sdf.org>
- Click Sign In. Check box for Mail. Uncheck box for Notes. Click Done.
OK, now you can receive mail but not send.
- Try sending yourself an email. It won't send; it will be in the Outbox.
- Click on that message in the Outbox. It displays a menu entitled “Cannot send message using the server SDF.”
- Select SDF and click “Edit SMTP Server List”.
- Enter Username: email@example.com, Password: <your SMTP auth password>, uncheck “Automatically manage connection settings”. Port: 587, check “Use TLS/SSL”, Authentication: select “MD5 Challenge-Response”.
- Close the window. Select SDF server and “Try with Selected Server”.
mail.app_under_macos_x.txt · Last modified: 2023/06/20 03:53 by erici